Tuesday, September 9, 2014

What I've Been Doing...

Hello Everyone,

I've missed you all terribly but I've been very busy. Here are just few of the things I've been up to.


1. I finished up my first classes at CFI, Celebrant Foundation and Institute. I am now a certified Life Cycle Celebrant, qualified and trained to create personalized ceremonies for events throughout the life cycle: mother's blessings,  milestone birthdays, rites of passage like memorials and funerals, coming of age, house blessings and other important transitional times throughout our lives.
    This isn't some New Age path into the weird or supernatural. This is work that is closely related to our human need for navigating the mental and emotional realities of human transitions. Ritual—effective ritual is individualized expressions of intent that can give us the pattern to promote and sustain healthy change.
ORDER NOW

3. The second edition of my first book in the Project Madison Series was just released and I'd love to get your feedback on what you think. The title, cover and interior design have changed, but the story is the same.

4. I've been training with my daughter, Adrienne I'm feeling strong and losing some weight. Whoo hoo!

5. I began art journaling as I go through this transition and I'm finding it helps me remember what I'm doing and why. I'm also realizing that this process is forcing me to do some inner work that I've been reluctant about going through. Having the journal to record my thoughts and impressions is a great tool for this.


6. Coming up on the 21st I will be conducting my first official ceremony for the Autumnal Equinox with family and friends. Watch for pictures and a peek at the ceremony. I have some fun things planned and I'll tell you all about it.

7. I will be starting classes again at the end of the month. I hope to get in another post or two before that. Thanks to all of you for your patience and support.


If you've been going through a transition this past summer, I'd love to hear about it and how you're dealing with it. 


6 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of your art journal and new cover, Pam! I just started reading your 2nd book which I won in the Goodreads contest (I think?). And yes, went through a rough transition over the summer, preparing my son to go off to college. Better now but, boy, was it tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new cover. The colors are perfect. Congratulations are your successful transitions. I think life is a transition, changing us each step of the way. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you with all this, Pam :) Love that you're getting fit and losing weight, too :) Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to laugh-- I have had several MAJOR transitions, and I deal with them by ignoring them as much as possible and having the least amount of transition/liminal experience/ritual associated with them as possible. When I got to your question, I realized that I am definitely in the minority. Life changes-- I prefer to move on without comment and forget!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had quite a summer. Congrats on all you are accomplishing. I've had a quiet summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like your transitions have been going well. Congratulations on pursuing your dreams and taking the time you need to sort though some things. The journaling sounds like an effective tool. I hope your first ceremony on the Autumnal Equinox went well. Can't wait to see the pictures! Wishing you all the best.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...