Friday, February 10, 2012

FURRY FRIDAY: WHAT'S IN A NAME?

peta.org
Okay, so you've adopted a pet, your feeling really good about yourself and then you get home and realize the name that your new family member has is...well...   it just doesn't fit. What do you do? 


If you're like me you hit the internet looking for the perfect name. So here are some names I found that I really got a kick out of:


fatgirlusa.wordpress.com
Cheese
Bazooka
Daiquiri
Hershey
Marshmallow
Meatball


I'm thinking that unless you want your dog to look like this...perhaps a food name should be avoided.


Question: Why would you name your dog more than one name? I'm thinking dog show celebrity, perhaps? Here are some doozies that just cracked me up:


kaboodle.com




Princess Conchita Conswela Bananna-Hammock  (hyphenated, seriously?)
Scooby Otera Alexia
Turdburgler McShittsalot III
Ballard Zigoot Shatz
Baby Beau Big Bucks


Does your dog have to look like a celebrity to name him after one?

squidoo.com

Bullwinkle
Elmo
Da Vinci
Garfield
Harrison





Meet Bodean, Digger and Earlene, three pups from Louisiana. Location is important to finding the appropriate name. 
squidoo.com


Another consideration would be how your pet acts. Check out these interesting verbs for names:
Havoc
Scrappy
Shredder
Thumper
Dunk

Like children, if dogs live up to their names I'd steer away from these:
doguniversity.net

Digger
Trouble
Barker
Pooper
Chewy

If your still stumped there are several websites that can lend some inspiration to the important task of naming your adopted pet!



Thanks for stopping by! What names do you like, find funny or endearing?

2 comments:

  1. Not sure which name I'd pick. We might be getting a dog this spring. If so I'll have to check out the sites you recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter named our current dog Teddy in hopes he would have the personality of a teddy bear, which Teddy the dog does have.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...