Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday Three Plus One: Celebrating Fellow NW bloggers!!

Today I'm spotlighting Northwest Bloggers, specifically bloggers from my home state Washington. I'm in really good company. I found blogs on just about anything I might be interested in. Go Washington, you rock!!!

I have to say, however, choosing which ones to spotlight was no easy task. These are barely the cusp  of the Norhwest blogger scene. I will definitely be doing this again!!!


Adventures of Scatman by Craig Scatman

    If your looking for a great overview of the hiking, skiing and biking scene, this is the place. But, before you write this off because you're not a North-westerner or don't participate in any of the above sports, hold on! Craig has hiked over 1000 miles all over the freakin' place. His pictures are amazing and the narrative tight and incredibly descriptive. He also reviews products and trails but my favorite are the stories of his adventures.


Wine Peeps by Kori S. Voorhees and John K. Sosnowy
The Wine Peeps are a family team consisting of two couples, Kori and Colby Voorhees and John and LaGayle Sosnowy.

This past summer some friends of ours in Wanatchee took me to my first winery. I've tasted here and there but for the most part it all tasted like mouthwash to me.  Icicle Ridge, by Leavenworth, holds  tastings in a rustic log cabin nestled in a small valley of vineyards. After sampling several, it was a simple premium white wine mixed with peach juice that caught my preference. Knowing very little about the process,  I was fascinated at the sophistication and the care that is taken in the production. After having such an enjoyable experience, I went in search of blogs that could help educate my virgin tongue. This is one I have especially enjoyed.


Gluten Free Girl and the Chef by Shauna James Ahern    

When I first heard about the gluten allergy I thought it was similar to lactose intolerance. I had no idea how serious it can be and the symptoms that accompany that allergy. This is a great blog to learn all about it. Besides the fact that Shauna's cookbook was chosen one of the best cookbooks of 2010 by the New York Times.

And the Oldie but Goody this week is...

Great Kid Books by Mary Ann Scheuer
    One of my favorite things to do is find a great independent bookstore but sometimes I just can't leave the house. For me the next best thing is a blog that's loaded with reviews and great books I can add to my to TBR list. Hope you enjoy this blog as much as I do. And say hello to Mary Ann when you do!

1 comment:

  1. It's a great idea to highlight bloggers from your area. I'll have to see if there are any from Kelowna, BC. These look like good blogs!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...